Week 2 Reading Reflection
1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
In the beginning of the chapter, I was surprised to find out that “small business owners” and “entrepreneurs” are not always the same thing. I had always thought of the two terms as being almost the same, and I used them interchangeably. Now having read this chapter, I understand the distinction between the two terms and their respective situations.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
During the reading, I was confused by the dynamic states approach.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
- Many different definitions were supplied in the reading about what “entrepreneurship” really is. So my first question would be, what is your personal definition of entrepreneurship?
- What effect do you think gazelles will have on the economy in the next 10 years?
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
The author stated that the idea “entrepreneurs are born, not made,” is a myth. However, I believe that entrepreneurs are born, and it just takes the right environment and skills learned for an entrepreneur to fully develop their abilities. I believe that true entrepreneurship qualities that someone can possess are innate.
No comments:
Post a Comment