Week 3 Reading Reflection
1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
I was surprised that the author uses the definition: a function of discrepancies between a person's expectations and ability to meet demands, to define stress. I find that I am stressed a lot, but not necessarily caused by my inability to meet demands, more likely from the quantity of things that must be done. I thought that was an interesting perspective on stress.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I understood the textbook's explanation of the ethical considerations of corporate entrepreneurs, yet I was slightly confused by the diagram given by the textbook to represent this concept.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
1. What is the best way for entrepreneurs to manage the negative aspects of their ego, in terms of personal and professional relationships?
2. While many people may be more inclined to solely take the "loss orientation" approach or the "restoration orientation" approach, how is it best for entrepreneurs to oscillate between the two?
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
There was nothing in this chapter that the author discusses that I was in disagreement with.
No comments:
Post a Comment