Here is the list of what I consider to be the Top 5 Most Serious World Problems:
1. The shortage of water
2. Air pollution/Depletion of the Ozone layer
3. Water pollution
4. Overpopulation
5. Proliferation of nuclear weapons
I consider the shortage of water to be the biggest problem the world is facing. With an ever growing human population, water is extremely important--as humans can only survive a maximum of 4 days without water. To ensure that human and animal life can continue on Earth, we need to reallocate our resources and use newer, more coefficient resources to preserve our clean water on Earth. Problems #2 and #3 will just worsen the quality of life on Earth if we do not do something to assuage them. Overpopulation simply puts a larger strain on the first 3 problems listed, and the proliferation of nuclear weapons puts stress on the future of human life, as well.
Here is the list of what I consider to be the Top 5 Most Implementable Solutions:
1. Recycle
2. Make the transition to using more eco-efficient resources
3. Use technology and resources to spread education to areas of poverty
4. Use technology and resources to make clean water more accessible
5. Reduce human impact
I listed recycling as the most easily implemented solution because recycling has already become a big part of our daily routine, and over time, recycling will become more and more beneficial. We have already begun the transition to more eco-efficient resources and just like recycling, it will become easier and more beneficial over time. We have ample technology and if we are able to use our technological resources to their full potential (and distribute them to where they are most needed) I believe that these resources can be used for solutions #3 and #4. Solution #5 sounds very vague and difficult to attain, but if we work towards the other solutions, reducing the human imprint will come with time.

I definitely agree with a lot of your top 5 problems. Before we can address problems that specifically threaten humans we need to address the ones that threaten the entire planet. The format of your post was very different from other ones that I have seen, it definitely allowed time to think about the relationship between the problems but it was not clear about which descriptions or solutions applied to which problem. Even if I can't quite tell which problems the solutions correspond to I agree that they all are things that need to be done to ensure a safe future for our planet.
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to my top 5 problems and solutions: http://greywilliams3.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems.html
Dear Lillian,
ReplyDeleteWater is our most essential resource after only oxygen so protecting it is of vital importance for our long term survival as a species but also for the planet as a whole because everything depends on water. It makes complete sense why you have prioritized on list. However, I do agree with Gator Grey concerning what he wrote about your solutions. I also took the assignment to mean that we need to list a solution for each of the top 5 problems but rank them in terms of practicality. I don't know if I saw that in your post. Please take a look at my top 5 list here http://taleemreflections.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-5-world-problems-ordered-by.html. Thanks.
Farrukh