Hi everybody! Here is round 2 of me interviewing customers! Since the last time, I have fine tuned my idea, switching from a charger that is customizable to avoid confusion to a charger that has a slinky like design to avoid tangling and breaking. I have directed my new interviews towards college age kids because I think that they are most likely to be using technological devices the most: phones, tablets, computers, etc. for studying and recreational purposes. Since the last round of interviews, I've also made my questions more specific which will elicit responses that are more relevant to my current business opportunity. Through these interviews, I've learned how valuable of an experience interviewing customers can be, and I look forward to doing it more in the future. I was home this weekend, so I went around to different neighborhoods and knocked on doors to ask people questions. It was a little uncomfortable but worth it in the end. Luckily, I'll be back in Gainesville the next time I have to conduct customer interviews!
My three tips for students taking ENT3003 next semester are:
1. Be confident when interviewing. If you seem comfortable, the interviewee will be comfortable and lead to an overall better interview experience.
2. Really listen to what the customers say. Sometimes their insight can be extremely helpful when developing your business opportunity.
3. Go interviewing with someone else in the class maybe the first couple times around. It makes it more comfortable for you to interview, and you have someone to film your interview.
Here are my 5 interviews this time around!
Hi Lillie, I like your idea of a slinky type charger. Though you are marketing your business towards college-aged people, I think it would also be a good idea to market it towards the older generation because they always say new technology is hard to maneuver. If this charger lasted longer, didn't get tangled, and was simple to use I'm sure they would love it!
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to my second round of interviews: http://entbyjts.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html
Lillie,
ReplyDeleteI like you idea of a slinky like charger a lot and think it has a lot of potential. Your interview questions were very well focused in my opinion and gave you a lot of good feedback you can use to fine tune your business model and product. Like Jayna said I think you can expand your customer base to a much wider focus due to the amount of people who use cell phones in today's society. Our ideas are quite different but check mine out and compare our business models. http://chrispate25.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-5-interviewing-customers-2.html
Lillie,
ReplyDeleteGreat interviews. I think your charger design idea is very good. I do believe however that the companies that make these chargers, design them to last a short amount of time on purpose so consumers have to keep buying them, a sleazy way for them to keep you coming back. I would buy your charger!
Confidence is definitely an essential characteristic in all phases of starting a business. You have to be confident in yourself, in your product, and in other people as well. this interviewing process was different and I definitely agree that confidence and allows the interview to run smoothly as your confidence and shed off onto the person being interviewed. You did a great job with your questions and getting good feedback. I would try and maybe interview different age groups to see what specific demographic your product should focus on! If you would like to check out my blog the link is below.
ReplyDeletehttp://smileyent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html?m=1
Delete