1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
The biggest surprise for me in the reading was that the author considered mergers to be inefficient for the economy. I thought this was a shock because normally companies who successfully merge, are deemed greater and more successful.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
The part of the article that was the most confusing to me was that there was only limited access available to the article. I'm not entirely sure what happened with the website but from I read, it was an interesting article. I am just not sure if it was an excerpt, a summary, or the full article.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
1. How should companies avoid mergers to become more economically efficient, and to reach their full economic potential?
2. Is there one competitive force that outweighs the others?
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
There was nothing I disagreed with the author about in this article.
No comments:
Post a Comment