Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reading Reflection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 

I found it surprising that non-demographic segmentation no longer worked. In fact, I found it surprising that both non-demographic and demographic segmentation are deemed antiquated by marketing teams. I would have figured that these methods of observation would gauge consumers' buying patterns efficiently. 

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.

I thought it was confusing that a broader view of nondemogrpahic segmentation was seen as necessary. I would have guessed that a more specific view would have been more useful. 

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?

1. How do you think one will gauge the importance that a consumer places on a product?
2. Do you think that there will be a new method of segmentation in the next 10 years, and if so, what do you think it will focus on?

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

I thought it was odd that the two previous forms of segmentation were seen to not be very useful. However, I am not an expert and I do not have enough knowledge to whole heartedly disagree with the author. 



No comments:

Post a Comment