While the 5 characteristics that I have listed below are not unusual or extremely unique, I believe that the way these elements come together to create part of my personality is what makes me unique.
1. I am extremely patient.
2. I love talking to people, and getting to know them.
3. While I would consider myself a talker, I am also a good listener.
4. I try to be very conscientious of others and their feelings, which I feel helps me maintain strong relationships with people.
5. I try to bring harmony (or keep the peace) in any group that I work in.
I think that the major difference between my list and the people I interviewed, was that my family was a little biased. My parents pulled the classic parent card, and exaggerated my qualities a little. But I still appreciate them :)
Hey, I read your list and think it is great. You are right that the traits aren’t necessarily unique on their own, but it is the mix of traits we each possess that makes us each individual. For some reason. Your video is not working for some reason, so I cannot comment on it. You can see my blog post at http://entreprenuerintraining.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce.html.
ReplyDeleteLillie,
ReplyDeleteHaving the ability to be patient and listen is an unbelievably valuable characteristic. In any business or industry having the patience to take the time and process all information and then act accordingly is incredibly hard and is a skill that several of the best businessmen or woman possess. Obviously most parent’s opinions are their children’s skills are slightly skewed, but they also have spent more time with you than anyone else. If you get the chance here is my secret sauce. http://ericchyattesblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-secret-sauce_13.html
Hey Lillie!
ReplyDeleteGood job on the assignment! The ability to talk to people and essentially build rapport is a skill that a lot of people do not have and it is one that really can't be taught. This will be a very important skill to have later on that will set you a part from everyone else. I wasn't able to watch your interview as it didn't work but the rest of your post was great!