Sunday, March 20, 2016

Week 10 Reading Reflection

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 

I have always liked math and I was surprised to see the sales forecast represented by a line in the format of: y= a + bx. It makes sense now to use this formula given the purpose of the sales forecast and the information available.

2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.

I was confused slightly by the cash-flow statement. I thought it was odd how cash flows do not always reflect the balance sheet. 

3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?

1.What is the best way to measure how much of a mixed cost is fixed or variable?
2. How should a break even analysis be set up if an entrepreneur doe not have any sales yet?

4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?

There was nothing in this reading that I thought the author was wrong about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment