1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
My biggest surprise in this reading was finding out that innovative ideas do not fail usually due to execution. I had always assumed that execution (or the lack thereof) was the reason that new innovative ideas at companies failed.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I thought it was odd that without a business strategy, the different factions within a business, such as: marketing, sales, R&D, and finance, can all try to make the innovation suit their specific field, rather than it suiting the company as a whole.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
1. Although not every strategy will work for every business, is it acceptable to use another company's strategy to model yours after?
2. How do you gear your innovation strategy towards maintaining customer loyalty and attracting new customers?
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
There was nothing in this article that I disagreed with the author about. I thought it was an interesting read.
No comments:
Post a Comment