Here is my Idea Napkin!
Me:
Who am I? Good question. I'm a first year Finance major, with a Spanish minor, from Orlando, FL. I love talking to people and getting to know them, which I believe will help me when I am networking with future clients. I also am a very organized person, which is a major key (to success, hopefully) when running a business. After college, I want to go into the finance world, or maybe even corporate law. The experience from running this business has the potential to develop my business-related skills. Specifically regarding to this business, I think it would be cohesive with my current plan for my future, it could fit nicely alongside a career in business or law.
What am I offering to customers?
The product that I am proposing is a phone/computer charging cable that has a slinky-like design. (It is also similar to the slinky water hose, just a charging cord instead.) This product will be more durable than the other phone/computer charging cords, meaning it is resistant to fraying, breaking, and being unable to charge. It also will resist tangling, which is a fun added bonus.
Who am I offering this to?
EVERYONE (that has a cell phone or computer).
Why do people care?
Because they're nice. Just kidding. This product will change the charging cable game. Everyone knows the struggle of charging cords that lose their elasticity and/or break. This is the solution!
What are my core competencies?
I have strong communication skills, which will help when I am spreading the word about this new product. I also am a college kid, living in a town full of entrepreneurs who are ready to help and give advice about the process.
I think that all of these five elements fit well together in my business plan. Running a business requires actual business skill and interpersonal skill. I am studying business so the more "textbook" skills will come with time, whereas I already have strong interpersonal skills (though they develop with time, as well.) The hardest part about this business will be spreading the word and creating the product at a low enough price to appeal to consumers.

Your idea napkin post is very interesting and extensive! I am a very organized person as well and do my best to be as neat and organized at whatever I do all the time. I am working on having stronger communication skills but its awesome that you already have them. I think your product is cool as well!
ReplyDeletehttp://mitchlicht2016.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no1.html
Hi Lillian! Great Job on the Idea Napkin. I agree with you that all five elements fit well together. Your communication and finance skills will help a lot with building your product. Also by living in a college town, you do have a lot of resources that can help you improve your product. You can look at my napkin idea here: http://courtneysrymer.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
ReplyDeleteHi Lillian, great idea! I would definitely buy this product if it were on the market. This product has the ultimate appeal for the millennial generation. Everybody loves to use their cell phones and computers, but lots of people also complain about the chargers, which often break easily and are generally not made well. Your idea is promising, and your networking and finance skills should help you to make this concept into a reality. Good luck! Here's a link to my blog post so that you can check out my idea. http://camcoop8.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html
ReplyDeleteGreat job, Lillian! Your solution to those limited phone charging cables is such a clear and brilliant design that it surprises me greatly that the idea has not been capitalized and produced. I believe you are going to be successful in what ever you do and your awareness of the issue at hand as well as the solution further supports that. If you would like you can check out my post here:
ReplyDeletehttp://michaelsichel.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no1.html