Sunday, February 14, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 3

Interviewing Customers No. 3 

This time around for interviewing, I asked the same set of questions I had asked in the second round of interviews. However, this time I explained a background idea of my product beforehand. I felt that this better prepared my interviewee for the questions to come, and they were more comfortable with me by the time I started asking the questions. With this method, I was able to get more length responses fro most of my interviewees, and overall it was a successful venture!
I interviewed outside of Marston this time because there were so many people walking in, and it was easy to quickly ask someone some questions. I focused on college students this time, but maybe in the future I will ask people from different age groups. 

From this most recent round of interviews, I discovered that by giving a background idea of my product beforehand, people were more willing to give ideas and suggestions for my product. They also gave more lengthy answers and seemed more relaxed during the whole process. 

Here are my five interviews!

 


 




 



2 comments:

  1. Giving more of a background of your product is always a good idea and I think it was very smart of you to do so! As someone who has been interviewed before, I always feel more comfortable answering questions when I have somewhat of an idea of what I am talking about rather than just being put on the spot. I think knowing what is being discussed gives people more confidence when it comes to answering things. Your interviews were great and I think you're doing an awesome job with this! Feel free to look at my post at: http://scp1995.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-3.html . Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought by introducing the product and asking the interviewee what their experience has been like with phone chargers it definitely helped make the person in the interview more comfortable and having the ease of talking about their past with the product. In this case the phone charger. I would say don't change what you have been doing and further expand on the idea of making phone chargers that last longer by having a more " slinky" type and longer cords. Feel free to look at my post at:http://pljordan1994.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3-week-6.html

    ReplyDelete