1. Patience
- V: This is a valuable resource in any setting.
- R: I do not think patience is a rare resource.
- I: I think that patience can be hard to teach/copied.
- N: No.
2. Organizational Skills
- V: Yes. It is very important to be organized.
- R: Organizational skills are not rare.
- I: Potentially. People who do not already have organizational skills can learn them/develop them.
- N: No. There is no way to get around not being organized in one way or another.
3. Interpersonal Skills
- V: Yes. It's very important to have strong interpersonal skills.
- R: In some cases. Not everyone has the exact same conversation skills or personality.
- I: Some people may develop their interpersonal skills (in a sense copying).
- N: It is hard to succeed in a people oriented industry without interpersonal skills.
4. Oriented towards developing and maintaining relationships
- V: Yes. It is very important to be able to maintain relationships with people, especially in business.
- R: No.
- I: People can practice developing their interpersonal skills and maintaining relationships.
- N: It can't be substituted as many people do not have a strong ability to maintain strong relationships with many people at once.
5. Unifier
- V: Yes. It is very valuable to be able to create harmony in a group/team setting.
- R: No.
- I: No. Many people if they lack this skill will have a hard time developing it.
- N: Yes. Some people choose to work in a group without creating harmony among its members.
6. Creativity
- V: Yes. It is important to be creative in business, for finding solutions to problems or in marketing and expanding the customer base.
- R: Yes. Not all people are creative. (There are varying levels of creativity)
- I: Depends on the situation if someone can copy being creative (potentially hiring more creative people and using their ideas?)
- N: Yes. Someone who is not very creative can get around this obstacle by working with other more creative people to help them along.
Social Capital:
7. Connection to a Supplier
- V: It is very valuable to have someone in my network who is experienced with creating and distributing a product in a market similar to mine.
- R: Depends. Not all people are able to network with suppliers.
- I: Yes. Other people can network with other suppliers.
- N: Yes. People can use their network with other types of people to develop their business.
8. Connection to a Market Expert
- V: Yes. It is valuable to know someone who is an expert in my market.
- R: Depends. It all depends on who people network with.
- I: Yes. People can simply expand their network to meet more people in their market.
- N: Yes. People can use their network with other experts to develop their business.
9. Connection to a Domain Expert
- V: Yes. It is valuable to know someone who is an expert in my domain.
- R: Depends. It all depends on who people network with.
- I: Yes. People can simply expand their network to meet more people in their domain.
- N: Yes. People can use their network with other experts to expand their business.
Miscellaneous:
10. Time
- V: Time is an extremely valuable resource.
- R: Yes. Because I am in college, I have a lot of free time, which not all people have access to.
- I: No. People who do not have the time to work on their business cannot copy my use of time.
- N: It is hard for people to get around the obstacle of not having the time to do things.
I believe that time is my most valuable resource. As a college student, I have the most expendable free time that I will ever have access to, so now would be the best time to develop a business.
Lillie, I enjoyed reading about your unfair advantages. I forgot to use the most valuable resource of them all... Time! I Feel like that this along with patience alone can give you an unfair advantage. If you have time , and patience, you won’t give up easily, and perseverance is key in starting a business. Not giving up will eventual lead to success in almost any circumstance. If at first you don’t succeed, try and try again. Check out my blog post here:http://keifermcclainent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your venture’s unfair advantage blog post. I agree with you that time is the most valuable resource to have when becoming an entrepreneur. Time is needed to make connections with your network, to try out new products, and to plan for the future. You were to add a video that supported this claim as well. Check out my venture’s unfair advantage blog post http://ent3003tb.blogspot.com/2016/03/my-unfair-advantage.html
ReplyDelete